Program Representative (Bilingual)
At Way Finders, we are passionately invested in lifting up the region’s people, places, and systems. Though our team performs a wide variety of functions, we are united by our shared mission: to build and advocate for a thriving and equitable region; to improve the stability and economic mobility of families and individuals; and to develop and manage a robust range of safe, affordable housing options.
Every day, our team helps people facing real challenges—with housing, jobs, personal finances, and other cornerstones of daily stability—to find real solutions. And we help communities and systems to grow in positive, strategic ways. We know that the right help at the right time can make all the difference; Way Finders provides transformative help to tens of thousands of people each year. Always with respect, always with compassion.
Interested in joining our team of dedicated professionals? Way Finders is currently seeking a full-time bilingual (English/Spanish) Program Representative. The Program Representative furthers our mission by providing information and assistance to community members, landlords, and funding agencies regarding individual and family housing assistance program services.
The candidate will work fully onsite.
- Meet with clients to gather and review applications for rental assistance
- Assess information and determine new and continued eligibility, explaining relevant funding source requirements and regulations
- Educate tenants and landlords on program regulations, guidelines, and their respective obligations
- Assist tenants in the development of accommodation action plans, when necessary, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Gather and report on rental rate comparisons for use in the review of rent reasonableness
- Assist tenants in the resolution of issues that may be identified during property re-inspection to ensure successful inspection and continued rental assistance eligibility
- Prepare file content to ensure all required forms, notes, and documents are included in tenant records within established deadlines; provide monthly statistical data as required
- Provide information and interact with community members, landlords, housing authorities, to assist individuals in their search for or retention of affordable housing
- Work collaboratively to ensure the timely and effective processing of rental assistance requests
- Conduct home visits and fieldwork as necessary
- Assist in staff training relative to housing assistance eligibility guidelines and processes
- 2 years’ equivalent experience in housing, social services, customer service, or a related role; a combination of experience plus a high school diploma (or equivalent) may be a substitute
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) verbal and written skills required
- Preference for office/administrative experience
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office applications (including Teams), and comfort learning new technologies
- Ability to effectively communicate (both written and verbal), and in group settings
- Understanding of semi-complex mathematical formulas and functions, with the ability to accurately sum numbers with a calculator
- Willingness and ability to perform position duties from multiple locations as necessary
- Ability to attend trainings, plus earn and maintain certifications as required by funding sources
Benefits include: Generous paid time-off | 12+ holidays annually | Health, dental, and vision insurance options | Educational assistance | Medical Reimbursement Account | Dependent Care Account | 403(b) retirement plan with employer match | Life insurance | Short-term and long-term disability insurance | Transportation benefits | Employee Assistance Program | Free coffee and hot chocolate in the staff kitchen! | Annual staff picnic with fun and games for everyone!!
Wage between $18.00 and $21.85 per hour depending on qualifications. Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Way Finders is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse staff in order to reflect our community and those we serve. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or veteran status. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.