60 Brookdale Street
Springfield, MA 01104
We believe individuals with disabilities and other societal disadvantages are an essential resource for our country’s future. Our mission is to help build a world in which individuals with disabilities and other disadvantages realize their full potential.
Viability will be a positive disruptive force in the marketplace leading the innovative designs of future service delivery for individuals with disabilities and other disadvantages to realize their full potential within their communities of choice.
|Salary Range:||Location:||SPRINGFIELD MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Up to One Year
Physical Therapy License - Preference: Required|
|Position: Physical Therapist Part-Time |
Location: Springfield, MA
Rate of Pay: $26.50 per hour
Hours: 10 hours per week
Schedule: Varies based on programmatic need
Part-Time Physical Therapist Summary: The Physical Therapist is responsible for training staff to utilize physical therapy techniques to provide physical therapy service to members; ensuring member goals and objectives are being met; evaluating members’ abilities to determine physical therapy service needs; completing member assessments; updating and maintaining members’ clinical data and records according to regulations and standards and performing other various duties as assigned.
Part-Time Physical Therapist Specific Job Responsibilities:
• Train staff to utilize physical therapy techniques to appropriately administer treatment for members based on plan assessment and goals; ensure member goals and objectives are being met.
• Evaluate members’ abilities to determine physical therapy service needs; review member documentation and physician reports; develop treatment plan and goals; document findings.
• Provide individual assessments and prepare progress reports for members; serve on the interdisciplinary team; follow the Department of Medical Assistance Regulations.
• Communicate with team on a regular basis to discuss member incidents and successes; coordinate with Program Manager to screen prospective participants.
• Maintain all clinical data and records in accordance with the Department of Public Health regulations and standards.
• Ensure confidentiality within all areas of responsibility.
• Follow all procedures pertaining to the agency’s policies while recommending changes to program policies and procedures when necessary.
• Keep abreast of all information regarding program changes and updates.
• Successfully complete all company required and job-specific training.
• Perform additional duties as required.
Part-Time Physical Therapist Qualifications: Must be a licensed Physical Therapist. Master’s degree required in Physical Therapy. One or more years of experience working with developmentally disabled individuals preferred.
|Part-Time Physical Therapist Requirements: Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and listening skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office programs. Strong teamwork and cooperative skills. Demonstrated reliability and dependability. Demonstrate respect for the rights and responsibilities of people with disabilities, as well as the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds, styles and cultures. Valid driver’s license, 3 years driving experience, good driving record, use of vehicle with compulsory auto insurance and vehicle registration, and willingness to transport program members in personal and/or agency vehicle. Must be able to travel within the region to access residential settings, employers, and community organizations.|
Total Rewards = Competitive Pay + Excellent Benefits + Meaningful Work
• Competitive Pay with Promotional Opportunities
• Professional and personal growth opportunities
• Paid Sick Time & Paid Time Off
• Retirement plan: Employer matches maximum 6% on employee contribution of 4% at time of hire
• Extensive Employee Assistance program for employees and loved ones
• Preferred ratings for home, renters’, pet, and auto insurance
• Tuition Scholarship Program
To apply, please see the Careers section of our website at VIABILITY.org
We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the applicant procedures. If you will need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify the hiring Director.