215 South Street
NORTHAMPTON, MA 01060
Lathrop home is a non-profit Residential Care Facility, we specialize in providing a home like environment and quality care to every resident. We offer freshly prepared meals and snacks to our residents by utilizing fresh fruits and vegetables. Lathrop Home is the only residential care facility in Western Ma to offer 24/7 nurses on staff for medication administration and quality care.
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||NORTHAMPTON MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full / Part Time||Restaurant/Cooking/Food Service|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
Serve Safe - Preference: Nice to have|
|Summary: Supervises dietary aides and cooks assistance during the day and evening food production. Practices safe food storage, preparation, and cooking techniques. Prepare meats, poultry, and other foods according to the dietary regulation for a level IV Residential Care Facility. Additional responsibilities as determined by the Dietary Manager or Executive Director. Maintain dietary standards developed by the Dietician and Dietary Manager by performing the following duties:|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Prepares quality food accurately and attractively according to diet and menu.
• Maintains kitchen sanitation and safety standards.
• Ensures compliance with state local and regulatory agencies as it relates to food service.
• Assist with set-up, service and clean-up of food production areas.
• Ensure proper sanitation and storage of kitchen equipment, food and supplies.
• Ensure food temperatures are maintained at proper levels at preparation and throughout service.
• Assists residents with menus, questions, complaints and concerns. Provides special request as foods is available.
• Understands modified diets and is a team player in working toward patient nutritional wellbeing.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs.
• Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict and maintains confidentiality
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly in positive or negative situations, listens, gets clarification and responds well to questions. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
• Delegates work assignments of the Dietary Aides and Cooks Assistants. Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities. Provides recognition for results.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires and motivates others to do well.
• Managing People - Makes self-available to staff, provides regular performance feedback, improves processes products and services.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect and keeps commitments. Works with integrity and ethically while upholding the organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures, supports organization's goals and values.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, changes approach or method to best fit the situation with the ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction and accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improving work.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions, supports and explains reasoning for decisions and includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards, completes work in timely manner and strives to increase productivity.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses equipment and materials properly.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.