220 South Pleasant Street Amherst, MA 01002
Amherst, MA 01002
Our story is your story. Since 1821, we’ve been helping our students find their own voices, discover their own truths and forge their own paths in the world. Our students and alumni are the true authors of the Amherst story. Help write our next chapter.
|Salary Range:||Location:||AMHERST MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Electrician|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|Please note: |
The Description preview below had invalid markup and has been repaired. The original code can still be seen with the toggle view button.
Amherst College invites applications for the Electrician position. The Electrician is a full-time, 52 week per year position, job group and level PT-2. The Electrician's responsibilities are to install, maintain, repair and operate all primary and secondary electrical distribution systems on campus. These systems include voltages ranging from 13,800 volts to 24 volts; Medium Voltage System, Fire Alarm Systems, Fire Suppression Systems, Intrusion Alarm Systems, Fire Pump Systems, Sprinkler Systems, Computerized Lighting Control Systems, exterior Emergency Call Phone System, Pedestrian Crosswalk Systems, Emergency Generator Distribution Systems, Network Transfer Switches, Elevators, Wheelchair Lifts, Fiber Optic Network System, Card Access System, Telephone/Computer Systems, Solar Distribution Systems, Emergency Responder Radio Coverage System, Harmonic Filter Systems, Variable Speed Drives, Chiller Control Centers and Building Management Systems.
The position is considered an essential position meaning the employee is expected to report to work even if the College is closed for weather related or other reasons. Due to the nature of the position, some work outside normal operation hours (evenings, weekends and holidays) is required and must respond to emergencies as needed.
Takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
General and Planned Maintenance of Systems
• Work orders associated with the continued maintenance required to maintain the high level of operation of these essential systems
• Planned maintenance programs to keep the integrity of all the systems
Installation of Systems
• New installations of any primary, emergency, life safety and secondary systems associated with space upgrades, renovations or expansion of systems
System Repair Response
• Response and execution of emergency calls on all primary, emergency, life safety and secondary systems
Environmental and Physical Demands
• Repetitive motions including hands, wrists, fingers, and arms; lift, carry, push and pull 35 pounds and occasionally lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 pounds
• Normal and close visual concentration/manual dexterity
• Kneeling, bending, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, ascending/descending stairs, ladders, scaffolding
• Exposure to fluctuations in temperature and weather conditions
• Exposure to paint, cleaning products and other construction related chemicals
• High school or vocational high school diploma, or equivalent
• A Massachusetts Journeyman Electrical License
• A valid driver's license and successful credentialing is required in order to operate college vehicles
• An acceptable criminal offender records information (CORI) check
• More than 5 years of experience in residential, commercial and industrial electrical work
• Strong written and verbal communication, and problem solving skills
• Experience with or commitment to working with a diverse community
• Successful completion of a pre-employment physical and lift test
• More than 10 years' experience in residential, commercial and industrial electrical work
Interestedcandidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (email and/or telephone numbers) for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities to apply. The College is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff.
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/f5s3bshpbz8t4wkh