Yankee Candle/Newell Brands
25 Greenfield Road
South Deerfield, MA 01373
|Salary Range:||Location:||SOUTH DEERFIELD MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Accounting/Finance/Auditing|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|The Senior Financial Analyst position at Yankee Candle is a great opportunity for someone who loves digging into the details and telling the story of the numbers. This is a Lead Analyst role supporting Yankee Candle’s logistics operations, and provides a unique opportunity to learn about logistics and distribution, which is an important function connecting the company’s Supply Chain to its customers.|
• Under general supervision, develop and maintain financial models and analytical tools that support the business.
• Coordinates monthly closing process, including journal entries, identification and correction of errors, and assist in the analysis of results vs. forecasts.
• Develops models and provides analysis to aid in business analytics that maximize findings and lead to profitable decision making.
• Acts as key participant in quarterly business plan reforecasts and annual budgeting process. Coordinates key timelines, maintains close partnership with budget holders, manages data collection and consolidation, and assists in overall review of financial projections.
• Understands and maintains all functionality of (Prophix) budgeting software system.
• Responsible for automating and improving existing processes and operational reporting requirements to maximize output.
• Builds and maintains relationships with internal customers, and identifies and executes necessary means to acquire relevant financial data in order to optimize analytical process and findings.
• Seeks additional knowledge of potential system enhancements or existing functionality that will allow for more efficient and accurate budgeting and analysis processes.
• Assists in the compilation and development of materials prepared for required meetings associated with the weekly financial updates, period reviews, and budget reviews.
|• BA Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience.|
• 2 plus years of related business experience.
• Ability to multi-task and manage through multiple priorities with diplomacy.
• Solid analytical skills.
• Flexibility in work schedule is required including the ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as operational need may require.
• Proven organizational skills, detail-orientation and solid work ethic.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must be able to work independently as well as be part of a team within the matrix environment.
• Advanced MS Office Skills, with a focus on Excel is preferred.
This position is subject to a criminal background check and potentially an education verification as part of the application process. At the time of interview, internal and external applicants will be required to sign a release authorizing the company to conduct criminal background check and/or education verification.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.