Yankee Candle/Newell Brands
25 Greenfield Road
South Deerfield, MA 01373
|Salary Range:||Location:||WHATELY MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Manufacturing/Production|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|Job Summary: |
The Wax Prep Specialist will perform a variety of routine duties which involve a number of manual and other related operations to include department wax tank preparation, coloring wax, and similar designated duties requiring somewhat more complex operations.
This is a 5th shift position, with hours of 5:45am – 6:00pm (2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off).
• Ability to match and discern colors, color gradations and scents required.(Finalists will be administered a standard color vision test as part of the interview process).
• Accuracy, thoroughness, and ability to prioritize are critical.
• Ability to exercise good judgment to comply with instructions and standard procedures.
• Ability to exert physical effort up to 15% of the time for weights over 60 lbs., as well as effort more frequently under 25 lbs. Ability to comply with Yankee Candle Company safety policies and awareness of proper usage of Personal Protective Equipment needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to read and write in the English language.
• Ability to stand for 8 plus hours and able to lift up to 25 pounds on a frequent basis.
• Good working knowledge of basic arithmetic and the ability to calculate percentages.
• Previous candle making experience strongly preferred.
• Experience in following and executing cooking recipes, batch mixing, or manufacturing formulas very helpful.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.