311 Wells Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
Since 2002, PV Squared has provided custom solar energy solutions to businesses and homeowners in the Pioneer Valley and the surrounding regions. As a worker-owned cooperative and Certified B Corp, we take pride in our work and we respect the investments our clients are making.
|Salary Range:||Location:||GREENFIELD MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Warehouse|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|PV Squared is looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager to join the Operations Team. Under supervision of the Operations Manager, this person is responsible for overseeing all inventory, supplies and purchases for the company. This position requires excellent communication and negotiation skills. This is a full-time position with benefits based in Greenfield, MA.|
Roles and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Manage the procurement of all materials necessary for the cost-effective, efficient, and timely construction of all PV Squared projects.
• Oversee and consistently improve on procurement processes, from receipt of requisition, placement of orders, managing expedites / reschedules / cancellations / past due orders / returns, accepting assigned material into stock and resolving invoice discrepancies.
• Ensure systems, processes, goals and policies of the Cooperative are followed and leveraged to assure effectiveness and efficiency
• Consistently communicate expectations, requirements and issues with suppliers, stakeholders and management.
• Furnish cost data and analysis for use in designing, scheduling, planning, budgeting and other functional activities.
• Ensure best of price, lead-time and delivery for assigned material; assure best of total cost.
• Negotiate and recommend contracts as needed to purchase goods and services.
• Facilitate strategic business relationships with vendors on behalf of the cooperative, manage supply chain risk, and meet business objectives.
• Create, maintain, and communicate metrics necessary to ensure optimal performance.
• Maintain purchasing and inventory control records such as purchasing decision making, instructions, procedures, and inventory counts as required by the Accounting Department and other departments.
• Provides support to operations staff in all conflicts or questions regarding prices, deliveries, quality, and specifications.
• Be an active participant in Operations Team meetings and an engaged member of the Finance Committee.
• Provide market data support to equipment selection decision makers within the Cooperative.
• Must be able to communicate effectively using a variety of mediums including in-person, email, online, and phone.
• Must be able to maintain a high level of accountability, confidentiality, discretion, and ethics.
• Must have familiarity in working with software on a computer and smart phone including Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Suite. Familiarity with additional cloud-based software packages highly desirable.
• Must have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to create open and transparent systems for tracking information and communicating that in real-time with other members of the team.
• Must have experience in financial management.
• Must bring a positive attitude and collaborative approach to problem solving.
• This position will assist with duties in the warehouse including, but not limited to shipping, receiving, inventory management, and materials preparation.
• This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Technical acumen required, knowledge of solar is highly desirable.
• Must have a clean and valid driver’s record.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Must be comfortable moving heavy equipment throughout the warehouse with use of forklift.
• Desire to work for a renewable energy company, worker-owned cooperative, or B Corp is preferred.
• Flexible thinker and team player who is willing to pitch in where needed.
• Bachelor’s degree and two years in a related role, or at least five years of purchasing experience in lieu of a degree.
PV Squared is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Compensation based on experience and qualifications. A background check may be conducted post-offer, prior to starting the position. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (in pdf format) with “Purchasing Manager” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.