Yankee Candle/Newell Brands
25 Greenfield Road
South Deerfield, MA 01373
|Salary Range:||Location:||SOUTH DEERFIELD MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Driving/Delivery/Transportation|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|Location: South Deerfield, MA|
Reports to: Manager of Transportation
Hours: 2nd Shift Thursday, Saturday & Sunday 2:00 PM – 12:00 AM
& Friday 2:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Since we opened our first manufacturing plant in 1973, employees have been the pillar of our success. From hand-making candles through running high technical machines, passion, talent and dedication among our employees has driven us to the success we share today.
The driver is responsible for providing transportation primarily between local YCC facilities and some interstate commercial truck driving.
• Manual, routine duties, operations such as material handling, transfer, power and hand equipment operation. Also, supporting the transportation department.
• Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in according to the weather/road conditions.
• Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip.
• Ensure contents of load are properly secured in the trailer.
• Track and report working hours.
• Comply with ICC and DOT regulations.
• Make safety a priority at all times.
|Minimum Qualifications: |
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Valid State Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) including general knowledge and air brake endorsements required.
• Ability to exert physical effort for weights 60-100 lbs. or more.
• Ability to read and write in the English language.
• 3 years experience driving a company owned/corporate vehicle, some of which includes commercial truck driving.
• Prior distribution, and/or warehouse experience.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.