296 Nonotuck Street
Florence, MA 01062
|Salary Range:||Location:||FLORENCE, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Licensed to practice advance practice nursing - Preference: Required|
|Clinician (NP, CNM, PA)|
4 Hours Mondays 3-7
Tapestry is committed to providing high quality, compassionate and community-based care to everyone in our region, including the most vulnerable. We are passionate about providing non-judgmental sexual and reproductive healthcare, syringe access and disposal, overdose prevention and education, HIV support and prevention, and WIC family nutrition.
Under the direction of the Health Services Manager, the Clinician (NP, CNM, PA) will participate as a member of the medical service delivery team in the health management and treatment of men and women seeking medical services with Tapestry. Provide confidential, nonjudgmental medical services, counseling, and education to clients concerning reproductive health issues to enable them to make fully informed decisions and access the full range of medical services needed.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Licensed to practice advance practice nursing as a Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Midwife or as a Physician’s Assistant by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
• Board Certified by American Nursing Association, or American College of Nurse Midwives, or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or National Commission on Certification of Physician’s Assistants.
• One- year clinical experience in women’s health preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to work a diverse clientele and staff, and to work as part of team.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
• Computer skills, experience with an EMR preferred.
• Supports the mission and goals of Tapestry.
• Perform routine initial and annual comprehensive exams and other reproductive health related exams to all clients.
• Provide for the assessment and management of sexually transmitted infections, vaginitis, urinary tract infections and other reproductive health issues in accordance with Tapestry medical protocols.
• Review of client’s medical history and other medically relevant information.
• Order laboratory and diagnostic tests as described in the protocol.
• Perform lab tests and venipuncture as needed and within scope of practice.
• Provide appropriate birth control methods and medication in accordance with Tapestry medical protocols
• Provide reproductive health counseling and distribute appropriate written information.
• Make appropriate referrals to other health care providers for services beyond the scope of Tapestry
• Document all information in electronic medical record and on logs per protocol.
• Alert Supervisor of need for DCF notification of abuse of minor clients.
• Assist in training and orientation of new staff, interns, and/or volunteers.
• Other duties as assigned.
Occasional occurrences of dealing professionally with challenging clients is required.
• Able to sit at a desk to use computer, general administrative duties and make phone calls for 4 plus hours per day.
• Able to stand for up to 4 plus hours per day.
• Able to walk to offices within the clinic site to deliver services.
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
If you are interested in joining a diverse team focused on providing innovative, front-line health care, apply by submitting your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing them to:
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
296 Nonotuck Street, 2nd Floor
Florence, MA 01062
Tapestry provides a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, which includes: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 100% employer paid LTD/ADD/life insurance, tuition remission and an Employee Assistance Program.