296 Nonotuck Street
Florence, MA 01062
|Salary Range:||Location:||FLORENCE, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Knowledge in the HIV/AIDS field - Preference: Required|
|Syringe Access Program Manager|
40 hours per week/ Holyoke
Tapestry is committed to providing compassionate, community-based health care to some of the most vulnerable individuals in our region. We are passionate about providing non-judgmental sexual and reproductive health care, syringe access and disposal, overdose prevention and education, HIV/ AIDS prevention and care, and WIC family nutrition.
Under the Direction of the Assistant Operations Director for Urban Health, the Syringe Services Program Manager will provide day-to-day programmatic oversight and supervise a team of Harm Reduction Counselors to ensure that services to the community are high quality, accessible and non-judgmental. Duties include supervision of direct staff, oversight of programmatic activities, and timely reporting of services of ensure quality service delivery, client satisfaction and maintenance of facilities.
• Two years’ experience with HIV prevention programming.
• Two years’ supervisory experience.
• Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Access.
• Valid driver’s license and/or ID and access to reliable transportation.
• Knowledge of priority populations at risk for HIV infection.
• Experience with substance use and knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention principles.
• Working understanding of Harm Reduction principles and practice.
• Willingness to be trained in blood draws.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to sit at a desk, to use a computer and make phone calls.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Support the mission and goals of the agency.
• Bi-lingual Spanish/English desired.
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Public Health or Public Policy.
*Individuals with relevant personal experience strongly encouraged to apply*
|Duties and responsibilities:|
• Supervise day to day activities of SSP and OEND programming.
• Coordinate all data gathering activities related to grants and contracts.
• Develop annual program work plan in conjunction with program staff and Assistant Director for Drug User Health.
• Hire, train, supervise and evaluate direct care staff.
• Involve priority populations in the design, implementation and evaluation of the programs that serve them.
• Develop and maintain internal and external collaborative relationships.
• Monitor contract requirements and assure compliance with all performance standards.
• Provide direct service as needed.
• Train syringe access staff and volunteers according to Tapestry’s internal policies, and monitor performance and compliance to policies.
• Attend regular meetings of Tapestry.
• Complete reporting requirements in a timely manner.
• Supervise volunteers and interns as requested.
• Represent Tapestry in the absence of the Assistant Operations Director of Urban Health.
• Perform other duties as requested.
Evening and weekend availability required. Position schedule dependent on needs of participants and programs. Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens. Direct exposure to shooting galleries, bars, clubs and other areas where high risk sex and drug use regularly occur required. Ability to lift items under 40 lbs. required. Ability to sit at a desk and conduct basic administrative duties. Ability to deal with stressful situations.
If you are interested in joining a diverse team focused on providing innovative, front-line health care, apply by submitting your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or by mailing them to:
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
296 Nonotuck Street, 2nd Floor
Florence, MA 01062
Tapestry provides a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, which includes: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 100% employer paid LTD/ADD/life insurance, tuition remission and an Employee Assistance Program.
Tapestry is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.