Center for EcoTechnology
112 Elm Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
The Center for EcoTechnology (CET) helps people and businesses save energy and reduce waste. We make green make sense.
For 40 years we’ve offered proven advice and resources to save you money, make you more comfortable at home, and help your business perform better.
As a non-profit 501(c)(3), CET works with partners throughout the region to help transform the way we live and work for a better community, economy, and environment – now and for the future.
We provide practical solutions that save energy, materials and money and have a positive impact on our environment and community. We serve residents, business and communities in the areas of energy efficiency and waste reduction and through our retail store, EcoBuilding Bargains.
|Salary Range:||Location:||SPRINGFIELD MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Customer Service|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Are you a whiz at selling on eBay and other online platforms? Do you love helping people reuse interesting items in their homes? Do you want to help the environment and your neighbors? If you answered "yes," then the E-Commerce Sales Representative is the job you have been looking for!|
EcoBuilding Bargains is an enterprise of the Center for EcoTechology, a 501(c)(3) non-profit. We are hiring an E-Commerce Sales Representative who will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the online sales process for EcoBuilding Bargains. The E-Commerce Sales Representative will respond to customer web inquiries, assist customers with product selection, and suggest product options and solutions. This position will also be responsible for creating and managing the online product descriptions. For 40 years, CET has helped people and businesses save energy and reduce waste. We are passionate about our environmental mission and pride ourselves on offering innovative, practical and cost-effective solutions.
• Creates and posts product listings on various e-commerce sites including eBay, Craigslist, and our website. Answers and responds to web inquiries, responds appropriately to customer questions and logistics, and closes the sale.
• The E-Commerce Sales Representative processes orders within established deadlines, and track and records all sales activity in the appropriate databases. Works with operations department on fulfillment of services and, if needed investigate order discrepancies.
• Develops and administers web content including photography and creative product descriptions.
• Provides accurate information to retail and warehouse teams when handing off sales. Communicates in a timely fashion for all sales order confirmation emails. Works cross-functionally to ensure all elements of the order, sales, and after sales support are being fulfilled.
• Represents the sales department by participating in interdepartmental teams. Interacts with other departments in a positive, effective, and supportive manner.
What We Offer
This is a full-time hourly non-exempt position. This job comes with excellent benefits including vacation, holiday, and personal/sick time; medical and dental insurance, employer paid life and AD&D insurance; access to and vision insurance and disability insurance; and a retirement plan with a company match. We cultivate a friendly and supportive environment to help us achieve our mission impact goals.
What You Offer
You bring experience to this position:
• A minimum of 2 years' experience in e-commerce sales through eBay, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and/or web-based stores.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Knowledge of antiques, period pieces, and building materials
• Upcycling experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, as well as ability to master new software programs.
• Experience with photography.
You have excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with a proven record of providing a high level of customer service. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are required with the ability to creatively describe items for sale. Must have the ability to present a positive and professional impression while interacting with a diverse population.
In 2016 we exceeded our three-year mission impact goals of helping 80,000 people save one million dollars and reducing their impact on the environment equal to taking 100,000 cars off the road and 40,000 homes off the grid for a year! We are passionate about our environmental mission and pride ourselves on offering innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions. CET is an equal opportunity employer and provider. Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. You may include military service assignments and any verified work performed on a volunteer basis.