Center for Responsive Schools, Inc.
85 Avenue A
P.O. Box 718
TURNERS FALLS, MA 01376
Center for Responsive Schools, Inc. is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to the improvement of elementary and middle school teaching and learning. Their approach to teaching, called the Responsive Classroom® approach, emphasizes social, emotional, and academic growth in a strong and safe school environment. The Responsive Classroom® approach promotes optimal learning by helping
children to develop high-level academic and social-emotional competencies and knowledge.
|Salary Range:||Location:||TURNERS FALLS, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Education/Training|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|The Educational Designer for Responsive Classroom Middle School is responsible for collaborating with members of their team to create, design and develop learning activities, content, tools – including digital and multi-media tools-and other educational and instructional products for teachers and students. |
This position is responsible for conducting research and collaborating with a team of experts to design elegant and practical teaching and learning experiences, materials and resources that are related to a diverse teacher and student population.
The Educational Designer is also responsible for delivering courses, workshops and training and services that they develop or participate in developing, representing CRS at a variety of events, participating in peer reviews and contributing to the development of CRS retail products and services as assigned. Must be a continuous learner and stay current in areas such as best instructional and learning practices, SEL, positive student discipline, curriculum design, and adult learning.
This position is eligible for a teleworking arrangement under the company’s Teleworking Policy.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Develops a range of learning activities, materials and content to support educational projects and programs
• Writes and creates learner goals, organizes and (when appropriate) develops content or recommends the development of instructional content based upon instructional theory and best practices in the field.
• Collaborates with a team to create detailed schematics, planning guides, storyboards, mock-ups and other visual representations to establish the basic structure of the layout and plan for instructional materials.
• Develops expertise in the Middle School Responsive Classroom approach, Social and Emotional Learning, and curriculum development to inform curriculum.
• Participates in the annual needs assessment and planning process for program, workshop and course management and takes responsibility for contributing to product improvement as assigned.
• Participates in annual audit of CRS Programming to assure program coherence, consistency, and current articulation of each Program.
• Develops and improves tools to assess the effectiveness of program services.
• Works collaboratively on peer review teams to review books, book chapters, blogs, newsletter articles, or other materials
• Writes or serves as content contributors for books, book chapters, blogs, newsletter articles, or other similar instructional information
• Works on peer review teams for any CRS work or projects.
Course and Workshop Delivery; Working with Clients; Representing CRS
• Delivers workshops and serves as a facilitator at CRS sponsored events.
• Meets with educational stakeholders to coach or consult on instructional or school needs
|• Requires a 4-year degree in the field of education, instructional design, or a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution, 3 + years of teaching experience, and the ability to complete the Responsive Classroom four-day course.|
• Experience with working on a collaborative team on instructional design
• Excellent time management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
• Ability and interest in working with a high degree of autonomy and with a high degree of professionalism
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google productivity software