Highland Valley Elder Services, Inc.
320 Riverside Drive, Suite B
Florence, MA 01062
non-profit agency working with elders and their families
|Salary Range:||Location:||$25+ Per Hour||FLORENCE, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Home Healthcare|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Driver's License - Preference: Required|
|Conduct clinical assessment on seniors and determine eligibility for programs. Establish and/or maintain working relationships with area home-health agencies, health care facilities and skilled nursing facilities.|
AUTHORITY: Reports to the Nursing Programs Manager
REQUIREMENTS: RN, BSN or AD with a minimum of two years of experience in a community or long-term care setting.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Conduct Clinical Assessments on seniors.
2. Determine Eligibility for a variety of Programs.
3. Provide ongoing education and consultation to ASAP Case Management staff and area health providers regarding clinical eligibility criteria for ASAP and MassHealth programs and services.
4. Function as liaison to administrative staff at home health agencies, area skilled nursing facilities, and Executive Office of Elder Affairs clinical staff.
5. Attend applicable staff and/or agency meetings.
6. Participate in training development activities to increase knowledge/skills for continuous strong performance in this position.
7. Participates in required quality performance initiatives within responsible program areas.
8. Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor to meet agency needs.
Additional Job Requirements
1. Environmental Conditions: Work is 75% indoor office work; 25% outdoor (i.e. travel to consumers and attend required meetings).
2. Physical Requirements
a. While performing duties of position, employee will be required to sit/stand for extended periods.
b. Working knowledge of computers applicable software and databases and capacity to see computer screen and read written material.
c. Capacity to communicate verbally with staff/supervisors, consumers and community.
d. Capacity for the fine manipulation with use of office equipment.
e. Capacity for occasional reaching, lifting or bending.
3. Work Environment Expectations
a. Available to work an hourly position 4 days/week, 9am-5pm. 30 hours per week. Employee (full benefits) or Per Diem. $25.60 per hour
b. Ability to drive own vehicle as the position requires.