Center for Responsive Schools, Inc.
85 Avenue A
P.O. Box 718
TURNERS FALLS, MA 01376
Center for Responsive Schools, Inc. is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to the improvement of elementary and middle school teaching and learning. Their approach to teaching, called the Responsive Classroom® approach, emphasizes social, emotional, and academic growth in a strong and safe school environment. The Responsive Classroom® approach promotes optimal learning by helping
children to develop high-level academic and social-emotional competencies and knowledge.
|Salary Range:||Location:||TURNERS FALLS, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Research|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|The Data Analyst position requires a detail-oriented, methodical and collaborative individual. The Data Analyst must demonstrate an ability and growth mindset in turning data into information and information into insight that can inform organization strategy and decisions. This position is data-driven. The Data Analyst will play a key role in helping the organization fulfill its educational mission by leveraging data, communicating results, and making smarter, data-driven decisions. The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively, work as part of a team, and exhibit strong attention to detail are required. The position reports to the CRS Principal Scientist.|
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Identify and prioritize organization and information needs to (a) understand the K-12 market, inform CRS outreach, dissemination, and marketing strategies and (b) increase the visibility of findings from various data collection efforts occurring throughout the organization.
• Identify and define new processes for data collection and recommend opportunities to improve these processes.
• Document data collected across CRS departments.
• Design and develop education databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize data driven decisions to inform CRS’s education mission.
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain education databases and social science data systems.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in various education and social science data sets.
• Perform testing and validation of education and social science data sets.
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports to inform CRS’s education mission.
• Clean data by reviewing data files and data reports.
|• Bachelor or Master in Education, Psychology, Sociology, Business, or Economics with a minor in or experience with data analysis, computer programming, and statistical analysis. A Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Management, Statistics, is also desirable provided it is accompanied by data analysis experience in an organization with an education-related mission. |
• At least one year of experience with data mining, data analytics, or research analytics in education or a related field is preferred, but not required.
• Proven working experience as a research data analyst, institutional research analyst, and “big data” researcher in a school or university setting, or data miner with a background in education, psychology, sociology, or related field.
• Experience with reporting packages, databases, and programming to answer education-related questions.
• Experience using statistical packages to analyze small and large datasets (e.g., Excel, STATA, R SPSS, and SAS).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings numerically and graphically to identify trends to support data-driven decision making in education or a related field.