PO Box 60008
Florence, MA 01062
|Salary Range:||Location:||$15+ Per Hour||FLORENCE, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Internet/Information Systems/New Media|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some High School Coursework|
Preference: Nice to have
Up to One Year
Preference: Nice to have
RepresentUs is the nation’s leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we helped pass 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for the movement.
We’re headquartered in Northampton, MA and also have staff around the country. Come win with us!
You’d describe yourself as a charismatic, scrappy, and unflappable community organizer and/or campaign operative. You have an innate ability to inspire people to take action and make tangible, impactful change in their communities, to foster connections across state and party lines and continue to grow a thriving national grassroots movement. You find thrill in the ups, downs, and unknowns of campaign work, and you’re excited by the prospect of traveling for short (overnight) and long (1-2 month) periods of time, meeting with volunteers, voters, and partners on the ground.
And, you’re ready to start on a full-time basis at our headquarters in Florence, Massachusetts.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Under the direction of the Organizing Manager, the Organizer will develop our national base of volunteers and support the overall organizing strategy, including:
Develop volunteer leaders
- Mentor, train, and manage our national network of volunteer leaders so that they can best support chapter membership; regularly assess development needs of volunteer leadership.
- Ensure volunteers are successfully collaborating with and mobilizing important constituent groups and others. Their most repeated phrase should be “Let me introduce you to…”
- Lead by example through demonstrations of integrity, professionalism, nonpartisanship and leadership.
- Act as a liaison between volunteer leaders and the rest of the organization; continually build confidence and excitement about our work, priorities, and organizational choices.
- Maintain regular communication with volunteer leadership, serve as first point of contact for questions or needs, and connect them to staff contacts as appropriate.
- Regularly draft, edit, and send email blasts to national network of over 5,000 volunteers.
- Develop scripts for GOTV, persuasion, transfer, and recruitment calls and texts.
Support organizing strategy and campaigns
- Collaboratively set long- and short-term priorities with chapters and volunteers; ensure work on the ground stays focused on agreed-upon priorities while maintaining the flexibility needed to rapidly respond to new opportunities and challenges.
- Establish and maintain relationships with institutional partners, participating in networks, coalitions, and collaborative projects.
- Seed, encourage, and support tactical innovations from volunteers and help replicate those successes elsewhere.
- Prepare and submit reports as needed, maintaining clear records of work performed.
- As needed, undergo extended deployment to support state efforts including but not limited to recruiting, training, and managing statewide volunteers and grassroots relationships.
- Monitor and moderate chapter Facebook pages, and other chapter social media properties and communications platforms like our Discord server, for appropriate content.
- Work with the Organizing Manager to help set, achieve, measure, and report on benchmarks for the Organizing Team.
- Perform special project planning and execution as needed to support the organization’s overall mission.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills, strategic planning, and experience facilitating organizing trainings.
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in web research, data management, word processing, and other computer systems required.
- Must be highly organized, able to juggle multiple priorities and work well under pressure with critical deadlines; i.e. discern priorities and meet competing deadlines.
- Able to track and report on personal work conducted and set periodic goals for personal growth.
- Able to make decisions quickly and efficiently while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Finally, you should have a great attitude and embrace working effectively with volunteers and partner groups across the political spectrum.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
The salary range for the Organizer position is $18-$20/hour, commensurate with experience.
Telecommuting is not accommodated at this time. No phone calls please.
Apply For This Job: https://jobs.lever.co/representus/2500bf51-523a-4a51-b6bf-b3d70bac2060/apply