289 Bridge Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01103
|Salary Range:||Location:||$40,000+ Per Year||SPRINGFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Fundraising/Development|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|About Us: Valley Venture Mentors (VVM) is a Western Massachusetts nonprofit with a mission to help entrepreneurs turn their ideas into thriving, scalable businesses. By nurturing startups, we impact the employees they hire, the customers they serve, and the neighborhoods they revitalize. And it’s working. We offer programs that give entrepreneurs the resources they need to grow their ventures, including a startup accelerator, mentorship program, collegiate accelerator, monthly community nights, and coworking space in the heart of Springfield’s Innovation District.|
Position Summary: The Partnerships and Events Associate is responsible for generating revenue from coworking, memberships, and sponsorships to support the financial sustainability of the Valley Venture Hub. This position will be a dedicated point of contact for funders, sponsors, and partners to increase their satisfaction and engagement with VVM. To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About You: You have knowledge of startup culture and/or a curiosity to learn more. You have experience in sales or community engagement, and are dedicated to providing excellent customer service. You possess strong administrative skills and are a great communicator, both verbally and in writing. You are a power user of technology, especially Google Suite, and are adept at learning CRM databases.
• Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets.
• Builds corporate funding and engagement via direct solicitation and occasional grantwriting.
• Meets goals set forth by Chief Operating Officer (COO) in an annual development and engagement plan to acquire, retain and engage sponsors and partners through high-quality relationships and service.
• Represents VVM at events or meetings to engage or recruit sponsors/partners.
• Serves as first point of contact for companies to engage their employees in VVM’s community programs.
• Maintains and inputs constituent and gift data as primary user of the CRM database.
• Creates and maintains effective process and program documentation (SOPs).
• Plans high-quality engagement and fundraising events, including managing projects, taking minutes at committee meetings, ordering supplies, researching and managing vendors, processing table bookings, updating CRM, managing volunteers, and attending the events.
• Completes administrative tasks such as maintaining filing systems, processing and acknowledging gifts.
• Administrative experience gained in a customer/donor-facing role.
• High level of motivation and attention to detail to produce quality events.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Tact and diplomacy to deliver excellent donor, volunteer care.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain records accurately.
• A growth mindset, goal-oriented with high self-motivation.
• Ability to work well under pressure and balance quickly changing workload demands.
• Ability to work as part of a team, identify areas for development, growth and efficiency.
• Ability to work on your own initiative, without close support.
• Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to travel, primarily during the business day, with some out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 1-3 years’ experience in a fast-paced organization.
• Proficiency with Google Docs, Forms, Sheets (including developing formulas), Calendar, and Drive (or demonstrated ability to learn Google Suite quickly).
• Flexibility to work regular (9-5) days, but also up to two evening events per week and occasional weekend events.
• Reliable vehicle for job-related travel.
• Ability to work in an open, collaborative team environment.
• At least one year of experience in fundraising and/or business development.
We offer a robust benefits package, including:
• 25 Paid Time Off days per year, prorated to hire date
• 11 paid holidays
• Phone allowance
• Paid parking
• Group health insurance
• Life insurance and group short- and long-term disability
• Pension plan
• 401(K) plan
• Flexible benefits plan
• Reimbursement for business-related travel expenses