River Valley Co-op
330 North King Street
NORTHAMPTON, MA 01060
River Valley Co-op is a full service, community-owned food cooperative, specializing in fresh, local and organically grown groceries, prepared foods, wine and beer, wellness, and bulk items. Everyone is welcome to shop, Co-op ownership is not required.
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Sales/Retail|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some High School Coursework|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|Purpose: Cut, wrap, stock, display cheese, and stock wine displays while providing prompt, friendly, helpful customer service to help meet department goals for sales, margin, labor and customer service.|
Status: Reports to Wine & Cheese Manager
Pay Level II
- Work from Production sheets provided by Wine & Cheese Manager.
- Slice to order specialty meats and cheeses.
- Provide outstanding customer service with pride and genuine care for our customers and our product.
- Act as a role model/ information conduit for our customers concerning ingredients and products used in our deli.
- Provide assistance for special orders.
- Plan and maintain attractive, fully stocked wine displays and cheese tables.
- Ensure accurate, uniform, and up to date department signage.
- Visit other stores for comparison on price, display, and variety (as directed by Manager).
- Attend trade shows as assigned.
- Provide a variety of adequate daily samples.
- Foodbank all un-sellable product following department procedure, including a recording of on shrink sheets.
- Maintain department cleanliness and functionality.
- Participate in all inventory counts.
- Read, and initial deli communication logs daily.
- Attend and participate in storewide and departmental team meetings as scheduled.
- Other duties, as assigned.
|Must be 18 years of age or older. Full-time. Requires open availability, including evenings and weekends. |
- Organized, attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long hours, and work in close quarters with many team members.
- Ability to communicate in a positive tone with all team members and customers.
- Ability to work varied shift beginning at 7 a.m. ending after 10 p.m.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and an ability to cover shifts as needed.
- Neat appearance and personable in attitude.
- Ability to come to work on time for scheduled shifts and accurately use a time clock.
- Ability to follow through on verbal and written instruction.
River Valley Co-op is an equal opportunity employer encouraging excellence through diversity.