21 Olander Drive
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||AMHERST, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full / Part Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|SEEKING RESIDENTIAL COUNSELORS|
In our Southeast Program in Amherst– for people with Brain Injuries
If you enjoy bringing out the best in people and are up for a challenge and the rewards that come with it, consider joining ServiceNet’s extraordinary residential team.
Positions Responsibilities include assisting residents with personal care (bathing, dressing, and eating); drive them to appointments, on errands, and to community events; help with their exercise programs; play games; work on projects; and share time outside. As a member of the care team, you’d help prepare meals, clean, do laundry, and help keep the home pleasant and comfortable. You’d also complete daily reports about residents’ progress, and would help assure their safety around the clock.
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
We provide the same level of care in our homes that we’d want for anyone we love. We pay for your orientation and training to obtain certification in First Aid, CPR, the Medication Administration Program (MAP), and Applied Non-Violence. Other requirements of the job include:
• A passion for working with people who are living with a disability. Previous experience with brain injuries preferred!
• Basic computer skills.
• Physical ability to perform the requirements of this position.
• A valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
• A hobby or special interest you would enjoy sharing with residents and colleagues, and a sense of humor!
• High School Diploma or GED is required
We’d also conduct a routine background check.
Total = 26 hours
Total = 40 hours
Total = 25 hours
Saturday 3pm-11pm, 11pm-9am
Total = 37 hours
Total = 40 hours
WHAT WE OFFER
We believe in a healthy balance between work and the rest of your life. So in addition to our starting wage of $12.50/hr and a $0.50 wage differential if MAP certified., we offer:
• a generous time-off package;
• comprehensive, low-deductible health and dental insurance plans;
• a 403(B) retirement plan, with employer matching;
• Long-term disability benefits; paid life insurance; tuition assistance; and several more benefit options.
Please email your resume and cover letter, and schedule you are interested in, noting Search #107 in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
ServiceNet is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be a tobacco-free employer.