60 Brookdale Street
Springfield, MA 01104
We believe individuals with disabilities and other societal disadvantages are an essential resource for our country’s future. Our mission is to help build a world in which individuals with disabilities and other disadvantages realize their full potential.
Viability will be a positive disruptive force in the marketplace leading the innovative designs of future service delivery for individuals with disabilities and other disadvantages to realize their full potential within their communities of choice.
|Salary Range:||Location:||PITTSFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Class D license - Preference: Nice to have|
|Position: Activities/Recreation Specialist 1 – Part Time|
Location: Pittsfield, MA
Rate of Pay: $16.00 per hour
Hours: 15 hours per week
Schedule: Monday, Wednesday and Friday; 4:30pm-7:30pm with remaining hours flexible
Part Time Activities/Recreation Specialist 1 Summary: The Activities/Recreation Specialist 1 develops services that assist individuals in becoming more independent and engaged in activities of the local community. Community day activities include recreational, socialization, volunteerism, employment, educational opportunities and wellness initiatives. Responsible for implementing the organization’s mission and values by supporting individuals to make positive changes in their lives.
• Plans and implements the community day activity plans and placement for a given caseload.
• Ensures that high quality services are provided to participants and community partners, allowing individuals to maximize their personal and professional level of community integration.
• Develops and implements day activities in the community that correspond to participant interests, skills, and choices.
• Partners with clinical team to implement behavior management interventions as needed.
• Implements the day activity and employment plans and placement for individuals served, monitoring progress in achieving goals.
• Provides direct individualized and group activities to consumers such as ADL’s, socialization, wellness and recreational.
• Develops job opportunities and employer relationships to include individual and group placements that correspond to participant interests and skills.
• Collaborates with staff to identify support and service needs for members/individuals served, developing plans to ensure objectives are met.
• Maintains regular contact with employers, referring counselors, support services and families, as appropriate. Attends Individual Plan review and team meetings
• Plans and implements the vocational assessment, placement, training and follow-along for given caseload.
• Maintains regular contact with the employer, referring counselors, support services, and families, as appropriate.
• Provides job training, coach and support, working alongside program participants as assigned during scheduled work hours, including periods when the individual(s) may not be working at a specific job.
|Part Time Activities/Recreation Specialist 1 Qualifications: High School/GED plus 3 year related experience and/or training. Knowledge of and respect for diverse populations. |
Part Time Activities/Recreation Specialist 1 Requirements: Ability to use computers to include Microsoft Word, data entry, email and internet essential. Must have a valid driver's license, 3 years driving experience, good driving record, use of a vehicle and willingness to transport participants in personal and/or agency vehicle. Must be able to travel within the region to access residential settings, employers, offices and community organizations.