Hampshire Regional YMCA
286 Prospect St
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Seasonal||Child Care|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some High School Coursework|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|Not just another summer job, but a chance to make a huge impact! Today more than ever, we need our youth to be surrounded by positive role models – if that’s you- join our team! Gain invaluable experience from working with children, to learning interpersonal skills, organization and commitment; all skills that will help you in any future role. Be a part of an international organization while making a difference on a local level.|
Camp Prospect staff will lead campers through a day that centers on recreational sports as well as other camp activities such as swimming, arts & crafts, physical challenges, and dance & movement. The Camp Prospect staff will create a positive, energetic, and safe environment where children have a fun time, make new friends, and will have an experience to remember for children ages 5 - 14. Camp Prospect staff have the option to work Gymnastics Camp, which occur the weeks that that Camp Prospect isn’t. **We are willing to train the right candidates.
Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM / Morning Care 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
• Be imaginative and creative in designing and implementing recreational activities for children.
• Always maintain a positive attitude and show your enthusiasm for camp activities.
• Have access to reliable mode of transportation and communication.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Education and/or experience in childcare and related fields.
• Must possess an interest in a wide array of creative and physical activities.
• Must possess a basic knowledge of sports, including basketball, soccer, baseball, volleyball, and football.
• Enjoy working with children and families.
• Must have a clear understanding and commitment to the purpose and mission of Camp Prospect and the YMCA. Attempt to incorporate these values into camp activities.
• Must have good interpersonal skills and a willingness to serve children of Camp Prospect and their families.
• Must possess current certifications in Standard First Aid of Massachusetts Child Care, First Aid for Children, and Infant/Child CPR or willingness to obtain one.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y
1. HRYMCA application, which can be found on our website: http://www.hrymca.org
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to r.john.reidy @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person,
Attn: R. John Reidy