Hampshire Regional YMCA
286 Prospect St
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Seasonal||Child Care|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|At YMCA Day Camp Norwich our goal is to prepare children for the challenges of today and tomorrow through programs that develop individuals, strengthen families, and build safe, caring communities. Camper relationships are our main focus. This is why campers attend daily activities together in small groups of 10-14 campers with 2 counselors. Throughout their time at camp, campers explore all age appropriate activities in the supportive environment of their small group. |
Camp Norwich is located on 137 beautiful acres of fields and forests with 1/3 mile of shoreline on crystal clear Lake Norwich. Only 20 minutes from Northampton, our camp includes nature trails, a low ropes course, large program buildings, and athletic fields and courts.
Camp Norwich offers many exciting activities including swimming, adventure programming, outdoor living skills, athletics, boating, drama, crafts, music, campfires, and overnights.
Open Specialist Positions:
Program Specialists are responsible for planning an exciting and creative program in their specific area. Specialists will design programs that challenge campers and are age specific. We are hiring specialists in Boating, Dram & Music, Fishing, Nature & ODL, Team Building/Ropes, Archery and Arts & Crafts.
• At least 18 years of age.
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors in varied conditions.
• Must submit health history record and examination form prior to first day of work.
• Ability to interact with all age levels, including appropriate and friendly interaction with parents when necessary.
• Capacity to understand principles of youth development and developmental stages of youth.
• Ability to relate to youth and adults in a positive manner.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and the option of participating in our 403(b) plan
1. Camp application, which can be found on our website: http://www.hrymca.org
2. Three completed references (one former employer and two personal; no family references please)
3. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to r.john.reidy @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person,
Attn: R. John Reidy,