21 Olander Drive
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||GREENFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|HOUSING SPECIALIST- Greenfield Family Inn- Greenfield|
ServiceNet is seeking a full-time housing specialist to work with our residents at the Greenfield Family Inn and Scattered Site Programs.
Home is where the heart is. As a Housing Specialist at ServiceNet, you will be our client’s advocate to shepherd them through the housing assistance process and help them find safe, comfortable and affordable housing arrangements. Your day-to-day tasks could include, monitoring our client’s housing eligibility, and serving as a liaison for our clients in helping them find appropriate housing options that comply with Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) program rules and regulations.
The Greenfield Family Inn offers comfortable, home-like environments for parents and children. Our case management services are designed to help families find and secure permanent housing and to develop the means to be sustainable in a home of their own.
• Experience with homelessness, substance abuse, and mental health issues.
• Ability to connect with a diverse population of people.
• Basic Computer Skills.
• Familiarity with local resources, housing authorities and writing case notes.
• Physical ability to perform the requirements of the position and CPR.
• Valid Driver’s License and acceptable motor vehicle record.
• Bilingual a plus
• Makes assessments regarding client’s needs in regards to housing, employment, debt, and any other issues that may be a barrier to housing.
• Identifies all reasonable housing options.
• Works with the client to resolve barriers to housing.
• Works with landlords and local agencies to create networks to support clients.
• Provides stabilization services and resources to those clients who have been placed for the duration of state funding by DHCD.
• Advocate for client in housing issues.
Monday – Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
Total= 40 hours
In addition to being progressive and a cutting-edge non-profit human services agency, we offer a starting salary of $33,000 to $35,000 (depending on experience), with generous time-off and opportunity for advancement, as well as paid applicable training (CPR, First Aid, and MAP). Employees are eligible for comprehensive health insurance and dental plans, 403(B) retirement plan, disability benefits, paid life insurance, tuition assistance, and much more!
To apply: Send resume and cover letter citing Search #541 in the subject line to email@example.com
ServiceNet is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be a tobacco-free employer.