Center for Responsive Schools, Inc.
85 Avenue A
P.O. Box 718
TURNERS FALLS, MA 01376
Center for Responsive Schools, Inc. is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to the improvement of elementary and middle school teaching and learning. Their approach to teaching, called the Responsive Classroom® approach, emphasizes social, emotional, and academic growth in a strong and safe school environment. The Responsive Classroom® approach promotes optimal learning by helping
children to develop high-level academic and social-emotional competencies and knowledge.
|Salary Range:||Location:||TURNERS FALLS, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Sales/Marketing|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|The Marketing Manager works closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to achieve the strategic marketing goals for Center for Responsive Schools, measured by key performance indicators and return on investment in marketing efforts. This position is responsible for creating, implementing, and overseeing the impact of comprehensive and integrated marketing plans, such as product launches, digital, and print campaigns that identify new customers, support lead generation, and create promotions and engage ongoing customer return. The Marketing Manager is responsible for marketing and communication that raises brand awareness and recognition that increases desirability of all CRS programs (Responsive Classroom, Fly Five, & Avenue A), products and services.|
This is an on-site position in the Turners Falls, Massachusetts office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversee Marketing Initiatives
• Plans multiyear promotional and cross-promotional campaigns for all retail products and services that are aligned with strategic goals and milestones; oversees the production of print and digital materials to support those campaigns; and assesses the effectiveness of the campaigns to meet CRS’s annual goals using the rapid improvement model
• Drive campaign management for client acquisition programs across multiple channels
• Identifies new markets to inform marketing strategy
• Build and manage content/editorial calendar(s) for organization collateral, website/blog/social media and other initiatives
• Provide support and assistance on press releases, presentations, events, and conferences to include CRS’s national conference
• Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
Lead Generation and Sales Support
• Make use of calls to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content to grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads
• Create effective, compelling positioning, content (e.g. sales tools, messaging, product videos, website copy, blog posts and other campaign suite materials) to articulate the benefits of our products to the world in an impactful and useful way
• Execute marketing campaigns and analyze performance that leverage behavioral interest profiling to drive new client acquisition and sales revenue
• Work cross-departments to create sales-ready tools, including market-facing presentation content highlighting benefits of our programs to our clients
Market Research, Brand Integrity and Communications
• Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers
• Understand the products and services offering and approach of key competitors: communicate products and services differentiation to sales and provides input to the director of Marketing and Communications
• Conduct marketing surveys/interviews and/or focus groups on current and new service concepts through engagement with clients and membership communities to identify trends and make recommendations to the directors team
• Adapt annual project plans to improve them based on data and the best use of innovations in technology and marketing practices
Project Management and Alignment
• Responsible for all aspects of projects, including: meeting deadlines, time management, contingency planning, approval channels, and procedures, campaign analysis, and tracking/monitoring procedures
• Establish and articulate project scope, strategy, and objectives to internal clients, cross-department teams, and directors
• Manage creative production of online and offline marketing assets and campaign suite materials from initial concept to finished product and execution
• Work with project managers to develop campaigns to meet CRS’s annual goals
• Works in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications to monitor and adjust the Marketing and Communication Department’s annual budget
• Assist the Director of Marketing and Communications in preparing materials and reports for Board meetings
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Communications
|• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field and minimum of 3-5 years related work experience in marketing and communications fields|
• Event management experience
• Supervisory experience
• Knowledge of K-12 education and how schools work to better support the organization’s mission is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to develop and utilize appropriate methods and tools to support high quality marketing
• Ability to work well in a highly collaborative environment; the ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team; and a strong commitment to CRS' core values of quality and integrity
• Solid understanding of the strategic use of website, social media, and email for marketing purposes
• The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while paying close attention to details
• Travel required (approximately 10-20%) with the ability to work extended hours, sometimes over weekends, during conference events
• Proven skills in writing for a range of audiences to ensure impact.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google productivity software, Hubspot, & Salesforce.
• Can communicate with respect and authority for a range of purposes, including, but not limited to promoting a healthy organizational culture, providing direct feedback and sharing decisions.
• Regular and reliable attendance
• Disposition is consistently professional, cooperative and collegial as evidenced by workplace maturity, composure, perspective, transparency, reliability, integrity and trustworthiness.
• Appreciates and values diversity.
• Represents CRS positively and professionally in interactions with clients, vendors, and the community at large in both real and virtual interactions.