FTL Labs Corporation
479 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002
|Salary Range:||Location:||$70,000+ Per Year||AMHERST, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Management|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
DoD and/or SBIR contracts is a plus - Preference: Nice to have|
|FTL Labs is seeking an Operations/Project Manager and R&D Marketing Coordinator who will be responsible for the coordination, growth, and profitability of the company. The person in this role will support and/or oversee multiple business functions, including personnel, project, and property management, in addition marketing and outreach. The role reports to the Chief Executive Officers (CEO). Experience with DoD and/or SBIR contracts is a plus.|
• Manage and pursue external relationships and communications with potential commercial customers and partners
• FTL branding, newsletter, website development and upkeep, and public relations
• Oversee employee productivity
• Oversee employee policies and processes with respect to DoD and DOL compliance
• Managing job recruitment process
• Provide direction on staff development strategies
• Ensure compliance with federal requirements for defense contracts, such as property management and cybersecurity protocols to DoD FAR standards
• Oversee FTL patent processes
• Responsible for keeping various government systems up-to-date with respect to commercialization and business plan
Skills that would be advantageous include, but are not limited to:
• Analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate data and make operational decisions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in general business software (Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.) and aptitude to learn new applications
• Able to balance big picture thinking with high detail orientation
• Preferred: experience managing government contracts (FAR)
Master’s or Bachelor's degree candidates in Management, Business Administration, or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience will be considered.
$55k - $85k (40 hours/week), commensurate with experience
Work from home will be necessary during COVID distancing restrictions.
FTL Labs is in the vibrant intellectual community of western Massachusetts, close to the University of Massachusetts flagship campus and Amherst College. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including excellent health and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, profit-sharing, and 401k with employer contribution. During the COVID public health emergency all FTL employees are telecommuting, and we look forward to returning to our office in Amherst when we can ensure it will not endanger the health or safety of our staff.
Please email your resume and 3 references (at least 2 professional contacts) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
ABOUT FTL LABS:
FTL Labs Corporation is a tight-knit association of Ph.D. scientists and seasoned engineers who work to develop next-generation software and technology products to solve problems for government and industrial clients. FTL personnel have participated in Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) programs through the National Science Foundation, Department of Defense, and NASA, and we strive to transition these technologies to the market. We frequently collaborate with both academic and industry leaders, such as UMass Amherst, Northrop Grumman, and Sikorsky. Our work demonstrates innovative thinking in a team setting across a wide range of fields and specialties, including:
* Machine learning, neural nets, and artificial intelligence
* Expertise in optics, ultrasound, image analysis, robotics, and life sciences
* Big data analysis, virtual and augmented reality
* Custom software solutions
FTL Labs is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer; veterans are encouraged to apply.
We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a creative self-starter, technically innovative, and have excellent writing skills, we want to hear from you!
|Master’s or Bachelor's degree candidates in Management, Business Administration, or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience will be considered.|