DIAL/SELF Youth & Community Services
196 Federal Street
Greenfield, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||Greenfield MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Education/Training|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|DIAL/SELF AmeriCorps seeks an inspired candidate to join our 7-month program, which focuses on empowerment, creativity and education!|
The role that is currently available will be serving at the Brick House Community Resource Center in Turners Falls, building relationships with youth and establishing a structured, safe environment for creativity and youth leadership activities. Currently, the Brick House has high participation. They are looking for someone who is compassionate, comfortable and experienced addressing conflicts that can arise with young people, particularly those who have experienced traumatic circumstances in their lives.
Here are some of the key responsibilities of the role:
+Support structured and safe drop-in Teen Center alongside other Youth Programs Staff
+Develop appropriate programming for teens, with support of community members, youth, and staff
+Organize events such as open mics, screenings, concerts, or recreational activities 1-2 times per month
+Facilitate youth leadership development by convening a weekly meeting for the "YOLO Youth Leadership Program" a group which provides provides recreation opportunities, health education, social justice education, and team-building activities.
+Support youth in creating their own media, including gifs, memes, video, music, art, social media presence, etc.
+Conduct workshops in an area of interest. May include: music, poetry, fine arts, health education, harm reduction, anti-oppression, conflict resolution, etc
The DIAL/SELF AmeriCorps Program (DSAP) has three core elements:
• On-site youth work at a local school or nonprofit.
• Team service project in collaboration with youth and community.
• Weekly training and reflection to build youth work skills and increase knowledge of different learning styles, social justice issues, arts integration, motivational interviewing, asset-based community development, group dynamics and facilitation.
Interested Applicants should apply now at this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSebV6ongDLmbmsrq5LW2nRrKmKbuUikbYNEH5vW-PYA0E0lZw/viewform or visit www.dialself.org/americorps.html
Curious about the benefits?? DSAP members...
• Earn a compensation package of up to $13,900, including personal/sick days. Package includes a Stipend of up to $9,800 and Education Award of up to $4,100. The Education Award can be used to pay for pre-existing student loans or future education costs.
• Receive free health care and child care as needed.
• Gain practical experience and build leadership skills that transfer across careers and vocations, particularly those related to education, youth work, the arts, social justice, nonprofits, social work, and community building.
• Make connections that lead to future opportunities in this region and beyond.
• Participate in a supportive learning community that challenges members to build on their strengths and put their values into practice.
Members must be at least 18 years old and U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals or lawful Permanent Residents. We invite applicants of all backgrounds and identities!
For more information or to download and complete an application please visit:
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible!