Red Fire Farm
184 Meadow Road
MONTAGUE, MA 01351
Red Fire Farm is a leader in organic veggie production in the beautiful Pioneer Valley in western Massachusetts. We have about 100 acres in cultivation and grow just about every veggie that can be grown in this climate. We sell produce through our CSA program, wholesale, farmers markets, and farm stand. We are dedicated to a seriously high quality standard and hold a deep belief in organic practices. We're a large production farm with the heart and soul of a tiny operation. Our goal is to make this farming thing truly sustainable -- for everyone involved!
|Salary Range:||Location:||Granby MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full / Part Time||Agriculture|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Red Fire Farm is seeking a professional and motivated person to join our team this spring as the Granby Farm Store Manager. Our Granby Farm Store, located in the beautiful barn at 7 Carver Street, Granby MA, is our flagship retail outlet featuring Pick Your Own, tasting events, CSA farm share pickups, and a farm market full of seasonal organic produce, plants, and local foods. |
We are open year round, daily from May through October, with limited hours throughout the colder months. As such, this is a year round position with full time hours during the main season and limited hours in the off season.
For this role, please bring retail leadership experience, excellent customer service skills, strength in organization, and an enthusiasm for local food. You will work with our Retail Manager and farm owners to create a great educational farm visit and shopping experience for Red Fire customers, and to meet and exceed sales and net goals for local products and shares.
As the Farm Store Manager your responsibilities include:
• Making orders for stock and maintaining an accurate inventory
• Overseeing pricing and stock control
• Helping prepare promotional materials and displays
• Maintaining organization and cleanliness of facilities, and best care of produce and plants in stock
• Facilitating CSA pick up and PYO operation
• Recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
• Maximizing profitability and setting/meeting sales targets, including motivating the staff to do so
• Ensuring staff compliance with health and safety rules
• Maintaining accurate financial records
• Providing an excellent customer experience at all times
• Building community through the farm store
• Event prep and day-of coordination
• Communicating effectively with the rest of the farm management team
Hourly rate of $15/ hour.
Perks of the job:
• Access to a bounty of beautiful produce, and free seconds from the farm store.
• Beautiful farm fields and Pick Your Own to enjoy.
7 Carver Street, Granby, MA
How to Apply:
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org a simple resume, a letter of interest including what experience you bring to the position, and a list of 3 relevant work references by February 28, 2019 for preferential consideration. We will continue accepting applications until the position is filled.
|• Must be able to lift 30-60 lbs repeatedly and easily.|
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially relating to customer service
• Flexible availability including weekends
• Good computer skills needed, experience managing a POS system a plus
• Willingness to work in all weather conditions at the farm
• 2-5 years retail leadership experience preferred
• Vegetable and plant knowledge a plus