PO Box 60008
Florence, MA 01062
|Salary Range:||Location:||Per Year||FLORENCE, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Internet/Information Systems/New Media|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some High School Coursework|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
RepresentUs is the nation’s leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we helped pass 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for the movement.
We’re headquartered in Northampton, MA and also have staff in San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Washington, DC, and New York, NY. Come win with us!
You are a renaissance storyteller: a stellar writer and verbal communicator, an excellent project manager, and an insightful strategic thinker.
You have the knack for sifting through and analyzing research or policy information, and can distill arcane facts into digestible, exciting content. You can identify a problem, think through alternative approaches to solving it, and implement the best one—all without being asked. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are a good team player who’s adaptable to shifting circumstances. You are ready to make a major impact, and you embrace working in a cross-partisan organization.
To succeed in this role you’ll need to be a fully-capable storyteller with the ability to understand different audiences and how your content should be adapted for them. You’re someone who can take a set of numbers on a chart, figure out the “So what?” and write an emotionally compelling takeaway, then turn that takeaway into a video, a blog post, op-ed, a homepage promotion, and/or a GIF so suddenly everyone is talking about that once-boring chart.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Reporting directly to the Digital Director, the Digital Content Producer will:
- Stay up to date on the latest news and stories in the anti-corruption space so you can produce insightful, timely content for our audience of over 1 million people.
- Pitch online content for social media distribution that will resonate with our members and potential members. You’ll develop messaging that reacts to breaking news stories as well as proactive content ideas pulled from treasure troves of studies and data.
- Research and produce a wide range of content that supports RepresentUs programs, including but not limited to: member emails, blog posts, reports, web copy, social media posts, video scripts, etc.
- Publish and promote your work so it gets in front of a wide audience. Come up with new distribution ideas to make your content spread on social media, and try them out.
- Own creating content to support a Search Engine Optimization strategy, educating new audiences about critical anti-corruption reforms and issues they’re asking the Internet about.
- Work with our organizing team to help tell the story of our movement: interview chapters that just won major victories, document grassroots campaigns, and more.
- Provide strategic guidance and support for all other organizational communications verticals, including social, website, and video/editorial content.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- 2-3 years experience producing phenomenal, real-time content either for an organization or for a personal cause with demonstrated success
- Experience with or interest in reporting on corruption, elections, and money in politics
- Familiar with content management systems such as WordPress, ActionKit, and Google Analytics
- Video editing and photography skills a very desirable plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
The annual salary range for the Digital Content Producer position varies by location: $55-$65K in MA, $70-$80K in CA.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Digital Content Producer” and include your resume, a letter of interest, and a recent writing sample (unpublished material is fine; we just want to get a sense for how you write). In addition, please read this article: (https://calmatters.org/articles/foes-friends-lobbyists-make-amends-lawmakers-make-money/) and pitch an angle for a piece of content we could promote on social media.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. This position is available in any of our offices. No phone calls please.