Yankee Candle/Newell Brands
25 Greenfield Road
South Deerfield, MA 01373
|Salary Range:||Location:||SOUTH DEERFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Engineering|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|The Equipment & Facilities Manager is responsible for ensuring that the facilities, layout and machinery used to produce new and existing materials and goods run to their maximum efficiency and output. The successful candidate will provide both a reactive and pro-active, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure.|
This role is responsible for scheduling plan creation and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work carried out. Increase the site operational effectiveness, improve on project delivery, mean time between failure and downtime reduction, and manage and implement improvement plans, driving Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to. Use prescribed technology to track and maintain all maintenance and parts management (CMMS). Manage the team on technical best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading the department. Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
This role will work with all organizational levels in conjunction with cross-functional peers in Supply Chain Operations. As a functional leader, you will have a significant amount of visibility and professional interaction with senior leadership.
• Create and Implement best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance (Maintain equipment at optimal performance condition while minimizing unplanned downtime).
• Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Maintenance activities.
• Effectively delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift and small projects to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works.
• Develop overall understanding of PEAK (Newell’s Branded improvement strategy) PAC (Processes, Applications, Capabilities and Systems) EFO (Equipment and Facilities Ownership) and lead this effort within the Maintenance Department and throughout the facility.
• Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively.
• Audit and ensure compliance of the parts data system (CMMS).
• Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximizing planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime.
• Manage the team to ensure machine availability, reactively managing dysfunctional machinery with the Shift management.
• Optimize equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements of a variety of robotic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems are undertaken.
• Development of maintenance, CAPEX and materials budget combined with a strategy to manage expenditure. Must be able to develop a business case to support equipment replacement vs. higher repair costs.
• Support the process of the introduction and installation of new plant and equipment machinery.
• Manage the process of disposal of obsolete machinery, plant and equipment from gaining agreement to write off to physically removing it and its safe and lawful disposal.
• Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements.
• Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of staff and visitors.
• Maintain strong communications about projects and their status to Supply Chain management and Executive teams. Also, maintains strong relationships with plant leaders.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline required; Master's degree preferred.
• 10+ years of experience in a similar Engineering role is required, including at least 5 years in a technical leadership capacity.
• Prior experience with equipment design, facility systems or similar equipment, including an understanding of applicable design requirements, codes and standards.
• Strategic and tactical TPM or Maintenance Excellence Sigma experience.
• Excellent verbal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate at all levels up, down and across the division Org. chart and with external organizations and vendors.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate®, Sharpie®, Dymo®, EXPO®, Parker®, Elmer’s®, Coleman®, Marmot®, Oster®, Sunbeam®, FoodSaver®, Mr. Coffee®, Graco®, Baby Jogger®, NUK®, Calphalon®, Rubbermaid®, Contigo®, First Alert®, and Yankee Candle®. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.