PO Box 60008
Florence, MA 01062
|Salary Range:||Location:||Per Hour||FLORENCE, MA|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some College Coursework Completed|
Preference: Nice to have
|RepresentUs is seeking qualified candidates for a Political Internship in our Northampton, MA office. As a Political Intern, you’ll have your finger on the pulse of the democracy reform movement around the country. You’ll work with the Political and Policy team to enact meaningful reform, and you’ll gain valuable experience working with a successful national nonprofit to support the rapidly growing anti-corruption movement.|
- You’re collaborative and self-directed; you work well as part of a team, and on your own
- You’re passionate – you care about relationship building and anti-corruption reform
- You’re flexible and fearless in the face of rapidly changing tasks and priorities
- You’re patient and detail-oriented – you can follow the systems in place, while looking for ways to improve them
- You’re outgoing and enjoy talking with people in person and over the phone
- You believe in uniting people across the political spectrum to pass nonpartisan anti-corruption reforms
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Facilitating meetings between the Political team and partners across the country, as well as within the department and organization
- Taking meeting notes
- Conducting research on political campaigns across the country (including policy, viability, and stakeholders)
- Tracking campaigns and legislation
- Copyediting materials and doing data entry
The internship will run February 10 – May 1, 2020.
Applications are due no later than December 20, 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
Please be sure to attach all requested materials. Due to the volume of applications, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Personal Statement / Letter of Interest
Tell us about yourself and why you are applying to the RepresentUs internship program. Please craft and attach a detailed 1-2 page statement describing the following:
- How did you hear about RepresentUs and this internship program?
- Why should we hire you?
- Why do you want to work at RepresentUs?
- What special skills do you bring to the table?
- What social issues are you most passionate about, and how do they connect to the mission of RepresentUs?
- What are you hoping to get out of the internship? (What skills are you looking to acquire? What are you hoping to learn?)
List and briefly describe:
- Past work, internship, or volunteer experiences. Name the organizations where you worked and the dates of employment. Also include a short description of your work.
- Any other training, academic, extracurricular, or study abroad experiences that may be relevant to your application.
- Your relevant skills and interests. This may include: research skills, writing ability, film/video proficiency, political involvement, graphic design, experience with specific software, etc.
Recent Writing Sample
Please provide a recent writing sample that exemplifies your voice and style and gives us a sense of your ability as a writer. This may be in any format that you believe may be relevant to the internship, for example a research paper, an essay for class, an op-ed, a press release, creative writing, etc. Material on politics or current events is a plus, but not required. We suggest no more than 5 pages.
Apply for this internship - https://jobs.lever.co/representus/279c6fc2-afea-4306-9fb1-dae8b6520811/apply
Thank you for your interest in RepresentUs and our internship program!