Highland Valley Elder Services, Inc.
320 Riverside Drive, Suite B
Florence, MA 01062
non-profit agency working with elders and their families
|Salary Range:||Location:||$10+ Per Hour||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Administrative/Clerical/Data Entry|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Up to One Year
Driver's License - Preference: Required|
|JOB SUMMARY: This position will provide operational support to the Agency's |
AUTHORITY: This position reports to and is supervised by the Northampton and
Easthampton Dining Center Coordinators
REQUIREMENTS: High comfort level with learning new software and databases.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Must be
detail oriented with strong organizational skills in a fast paced
environment. Independent functioning, initiative, and the follow
through required to complete deadlines. Must be able to sit for long
periods of time at a computer. Ability to pass a CORI check.
I. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be able to safely perform all job functions consistent with food service duties.
2. Must be able to use the telephone to maintain contact with elders and agency
3. Must be able to write and fill out required forms.
4. Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively with the elders in the
community, to promote a friendly and home-like atmosphere.
5. Must have computer skills and be comfortable learning new software.
6. Must be knowledgeable about current office technology.
7. Must be able to read maps and design route sheets for drivers including, reorganizing
routes as clients enter or leave the program.
8. Must have food service knowledge and experience.
9. Must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
10. Must have strong interpersonal skills, including willingness to engage new and potential
11. Must have vehicle to travel within service area for meal deliveries.
12. Must be willing to substitute at other Community Dining Centers in the absence of the
II. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Take reservations, cancellations and place orders with Kitchen for Home Delivered
a. Coordinate with the elders the set-up, supplies, portion control, sanitation and
equipment in the Dining Room.
b. Monitor food delivery, including meal count & temperature readings from the
c. Maintain daily attendance sheets, voluntary donations and monthly
consolidation forms for Community and Home Delivered Meals.
d. Other tasks as specified in the Dining Center Operations Manual.
2. Participate in training and development activities to keep up with knowledge/skills
leading to a strong performance in this position.
3. Participate in required quality performance initiatives within program area.
4. Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor to meet agency needs.
III. Environmental Conditions – work is 90% indoor work; 10% outdoor (i.e. travel to attend meetings, events, errands and trainings). If making meal deliveries, work is 90% outdoor and 10% indoor.
IV. Physical Requirements
1. Employee will be required to sit/stand for extended periods.
2. Capacity to see computer screen and read written material.
3. Capacity to communicate verbally with staff, supervisors, consumers and community.
4. Capacity for the fine manipulation with use of office equipment.
5. Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and move it at least 100 feet.
V. Work Environment Expectations
1. Available to work a 15 hour week as follows: Monday to Friday, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
(10 am to 1pm when needed) $12.75 per hour. Great for stay at home parents!
2. Ability to drive own vehicle as the position requires. Mileage reimbursement is