Private Company Description:
Certified Medical Assistant
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||GREENFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
CMA - Preference: Preferred|
|Certified Medical Assistant|
A non-exempt position responsible for assisting in the delivery of allergy health care and patient management. Incumbents are required to present a positive service-oriented image with actions that are consistent with practice service standards. Follow procedures/protocols established for the management of patient care. Shares responsibility for promoting exceptional staff/patient relations, and facilitating smooth patient flow through the department. Prepares room, patient, medical record, and equipment for clinical provider visit and assists provider during examination, treatment and follow-up. Provides patient education and resolves patient inquires. Serves as a liaison between patients and medical support staff. Additionally, supports Patient Service Representatives in a support capacity.
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs selected clinical functions.
2. Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Gives information or instructions to patients according to established guidelines and in consultation with the appropriate provider(s).
3. Performs various allergy testing such as: skin, intradermals, patch application, and oral challenge. Also includes dealing with FeNo, Spirometry, Nebulizers/updrafts, and depo injections.
4. Prepares and stocks exam rooms.
5. Receives and stores medical supplies and maintain sample inventory
6. Recognize and respond to verbal, non-verbal, and written communication.
7. Assists physicians in preparing for procedures/testing.
8. Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments.
9. Prepare and administer medication and immunization as ordered by providers.
10. Maintains room inventory and cleanliness.
11. Perform within legal and ethical boundaries.
12. Accurately records patient history/chief complaint, vital signs, medication reconciliation, procedures completed on patients, treatments given and patient’s response to treatment.
13. Responsible for ITX sign-up.
14. Documents any interaction involving patients.
15. Responsible for greeting patients and visitors in a prompt, pleasant and professional manner.
16. Accurately records telephone calls and ensures follow-through.
17. Responsible for electronic prescription and refills.
18. Responsible for prior authorizations, CT Scans, and referrals.
19. May be responsible for scheduling appointments for patient with specialists.
20. May be responsible for creating and pulling charts and attaching encounter forms for scheduled patients.
21. May be responsible to print daily schedules for Providers.
22. May be responsible to check script line.
23. Any other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
24. Must have reliable transportation.
25. Acceptable and reliable attendance.
1. Knowledge of health care field and medical office protocols/procedures.
2. Knowledge of specific assisting tasks related to particular medical practice.
3. Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology.
5. Knowledge of computer software. (Word, Excel, Outlook)
1. Skill in performing medical assistance tasks appropriately.
2. Skill intact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions.
3. Skill in active listening.
1. Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures.
2. Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
3. Ability to plan, prioritize, and complete delegated tasks.
4. Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
5. Ability to understand and help patient concerns.
6. Ability to adopt to multiple provider preferences regarding procedure and scheduling.
7. Ability to work in a team environment.
8. Ability to handle/ accept constructive criticism.