Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||GREENFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||CNA/RN/Medical|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Up to One Year
Current Nursing License by the Massachusetts Board of Registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse - Preference: Required|
|Use your nursing background to improve the lives of those affected by substance abuse!|
Become a part of our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Licensed Practical Nurse at the Franklin Recovery Center at Behavioral Health Network! At BHN, Licensed Practical Nurses provide high-quality, community-based direct care within their scope of practice to ensure the correct implementation of individuals’ care plans. LPNs observe and collect data regarding individuals’ care through complete and accurate documentation and communicate pertinent information to the Registered Nurse on an ongoing basis, as needed, as well as with incoming personnel at shift reports. LPNs follow protocol as they administer all detoxification medication and maintain strict confidentiality of individuals’ information at all times. Finally, Licensed Practical Nurses educate individuals regarding their medical situation, prognosis, and treatment and participate in development and educational activities along with staff and supervision meetings.
Our employees are the most important asset in improving the lives of the individuals we serve. Our staff not only enjoy outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for community involvement, diversity, the opportunity to gain highly marketable skills, and to take on challenges. BHN is committed to growing our own employees and promoting from within.
The Franklin Recovery Center in Greenfield, MA serves those 18 years of age and older who are suffering from drug and alcohol addiction and are at the beginning of their recovery. A 24-hour multidisciplinary team provides acute treatment and detoxification services to the Franklin Recovery Center and the adjacent Northern Hope Center.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
|Licensed Practical Nurses at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:|
• Overnight availability.
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing (required).
• Current Nursing License by the Massachusetts Board of Registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse (required).
• Minimum of one year nursing experience (preferred).
• At least two years of sobriety required as required by the funding source BSAS (required).
• Demonstrates proficiency in applying the nursing process to individuals served and their families.
• Ability to collaborate with other care givers.
• Ability to delegate to peers and other care givers consistent with their level of expertise.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to advocate for individuals served.
• Ability to understand, empathize and work with an addicted population, including those with co-occurring disorders.
• Working knowledge of ethics and legal parameters of working with substance abuse individuals.
• Knowledge of quality assurance standards and CARF standards.
If you are interested in this opportunity to be an LPN with BHN, please visit our website at www.bhnworks.org and click on “Browse All Jobs” to apply!