Elder Services of Berkshire Cty, Inc.
877 South Street Suite 4E
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Website:Elder Services of Berkshire County Inc.
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||PITTSFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Accounting/Finance/Auditing|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
10 years accounting exp
CPA - Preference: Preferred|
|The Fiscal Director provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization and participates as a member of the Agency’s Senior Management team. The Fiscal Director effectively manages all functions within the Fiscal Department and is, in essence, the “Chief Financial Officer” for the organization, working in collaboration with senior leadership on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and securing new funding. The Fiscal Director is responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of financial results of the Agency’s programs as well as ensuring the safeguarding of the Agency’s assets by establishing and monitoring an efficient and effective system of internal accounting controls. Additionally, the responsibilities of the Fiscal Director include oversight of the Provider Contracts Supervisor, the Administrative Support Professionals and Information Technology, including a comprehensive Information Security Program and oversight and responsibilities for Facilities Management. The Fiscal Director ensures that financial and budgetary processes conform to required state and federal regulations.|
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; 10 years’ experience in financial administration preferably in a non-profit, experience supervising bookkeeping, accounting, and IT staff. Master’s Degree and/or CPA and at least 5 years in a senior financial leadership role in a non-profit setting is preferred. Ability to work with and interpret data for non-financial management staff and Board of Directors.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of public sector non-profit accounting and financial management.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and financial software.
• Ability to work with federal and state agencies to ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
• Able to comprehend verbal and written instructions appropriate to the position.
• Ability to supervise and motivate personnel.
• Leadership ability; independent thinker; self-starter.
• Demonstrated team building skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office professional and experience using databases.