Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||HOLYOKE, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|Help BHN provide quality care to individuals in Crisis Stabilization as a Bilingual Milieu Counselor!|
Become a part of our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Bilingual Milieu Counselor in the Crisis Stabilization Unit at Behavioral Health Network! Milieu Counselors strive to provide high quality, community-based care to individuals served through individual and group counseling, implementing risk interventions and treatment. Milieu Counselors help deliver a therapeutic, recreational, and educational environment in the Crisis Stabilization Unit by maintaining the cleanliness of the premises, shopping to maintain adequate supplies and groceries, and submitting repair requests. Milieu Counselors maintain a safe and healthy milieu for all employees and individuals served.
Bilingual Milieu Counselors also interact with the significant others and area providers to implement treatment goals and organize the daily routines of individuals to include personal hygiene, meals, and recreational, social, and clinically-relevant activities. Finally, Milieu Counselors plan transportation when clinically necessary to facilitate treatment goals.
The Crisis Stabilization Unit located in Holyoke, MA is a safe, supervised, 15-bed environment combining Department of Mental Health (DMH) and Crisis beds. Individuals served at CSU receive a range of services, including medical evaluations, groups, and one-on-one meetings.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
|Bilingual Milieu Counselors at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:|
• Bilingual in Spanish & English (required).
• High School Diploma or equivalent (required); Associate’s Degree in Human Services program (preferred).
• 1-3 years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of the chronic mentally ill population ability to utilize a range of crisis treatment modalities.
• Ability to work as a team member with follow-through on individual tasks.
• Ability to establish supportive relationships with psychiatric clients, peers, clinical team, family members and service providers.
• Good observation and documentation skills.
• Motivated to work with the mentally ill population.
• Familiarity with internet, word processing and email systems (required).
If you are interested in this opportunity to be a Bilingual Milieu Counselor at Behavioral Health Network, please visit our website at www.bhnworks.org and click on “Browse All Jobs” to apply!