21 Olander Drive
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|SEEKING NURSE EDUCATOR|
Under the guidance of the Director of Nursing, the Nurse Educator collaborates with nursing management and staff across departments to assess, plan, develop, implement, facilitate, evaluate and revise educational programming for all levels of nursing personnel and non-nursing personnel as indicated or requested. This will include on-line learning plans as well as in-person trainings where needed. The incumbent acts as a key resource in the orientation and continuing education of nursing staff and non-nursing staff within Servicenet.
As a Nurse Educator, you will:
• Collects and assesses data and information related to education needs and other pertinent situations.
• Assesses plans, develops, implements and evaluates comprehensive education programs.
• Ensures all programs meet the Department of Developmental Services and regulatory expectations and standards.
• Provides consultation to enhance continuing education, professional development opportunities and mentorship opportunities.
• Develops and delivers/coordinates other educational programs as directed.
• Develops curricula that is reflective of evidence-based practice and uses the appropriate methods of teaching to accommodate learning styles and the learning environment.
• Plans, develops, and evaluates the continuation of education services and serves as a role model through educational programs and ongoing coaching and mentoring.
• Serves as a facilitator to residential counselors and actively mentors and supports their growth in the profession to enhance staff retention.
• Designs and staffs the ServiceNet Skills Lab as a tactile training center.
You are someone who has:
• Current Massachusetts Practical Nursing License or RN license in good standing.
• Two or more years of nursing experience required with preference given to those with experience caring for adults with developmental disabilities.
• Must be able to design and implement educational curricula via Relias or other LMS.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook.
We believe in a healthy balance between work and the rest of your life. Schedule is Monday- Friday 9am-5pm and the salary is $32.00 per hour. We offer:
• a generous time-off package;
• comprehensive, Holyoke health and dental insurance plans;
• a 403(B) retirement plan, with employer matching;
• Long-term disability benefits; paid life insurance; tuition assistance; and several more benefit options.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, noting Search #704 in the subject line, firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
ServiceNet is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be a tobacco-free employer.