21 Olander Drive
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|Mental Health Peer Support Counselor – CCBHC|
Northampton and Greenfield
The Mental Health Peer Support Counselor engages in activities to support clients in their mental health recovery. Using a person centered approach, they advocate for their clients, helping them to build relationships in the community, and empower clients in advocating for themselves and obtaining services that they need. With personal lived experience or having a family member with mental health challenges, the peer worker is a link for clients to resources and the community. This new program serves people who are living with chronic mental illness and/or substance use disorders, and who may also have continuing medical concerns.
As our Peer Support Counselor, you will:
• Advocate for clients in mental health recovery
• Assist clients in obtaining services in their community including housing, health insurance, and health care.
• Serve as a mentor for clients and work with them to recognize their goals in recovery
• Help to develop resources for the clients and the program
• Connect clients with each other to establish a support network
• Personal relevant experience
• Positive attitude and flexibility
• High School Diploma
• Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) a plus
• Valid driver’s license and vehicle
In addition to $14.00/hour, we offer:
• generous time-off;
• comprehensive, health and dental insurance;
• a 403(B) retirement plan, with employer matching;
• long-term disability, paid life insurance, tuition assistance, and several more benefit options.
Please download an application from our current openings page at servicenet.org. Send your completed application with resume and cover letter, citing Search #677 in the subject line, to: email@example.com
ServiceNet is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be a tobacco-free employer.