Hampshire Regional YMCA
286 Prospect St
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Fitness|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Are you committed to community? Do you find value you engaging and fostering the growth and development of staff, company culture, and organizational strategy? |
The Hampshire Regional YMCA in Northampton, MA is seeking a dynamic Director of Member Services and Community Engagement to join our leadership team. The Director of Member Services and Community Engagement has primary responsibility for the overall organization, administration, development, marketing, and oversight of the YMCA membership department in alignment with our strategic goals.
This individual must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, as well as have an inclusive approach that meets the needs of our members and staff while connecting them with the Y’s many service offerings and mission. The ideal candidate is a self-driven, team leader and highly motivated by achieving daily, weekly and monthly goals, with strong administrative and supervisory skills, strong work ethic, including sales experience and a passion for relationship building and wellness.
Take the next step in your career and be part of something BIGGER at the Y.
• Coordinates all aspects of Welcome Center and Child Watch Department to ensure efficient and effective operations.
• Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members.
• Coordinates marketing efforts and provides ongoing support regarding related issues with all directors to maximize program/membership enrollments.
• Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
• Recruits, hires, trains, develops, evaluates, recognizes, and directs personnel.
• Has expertise and leads all aspects of membership sales, including acquisition, retention, satisfaction and all related administrative duties. (selling memberships, upgrading memberships, changing bank draft information, linking members, adding/deleting family members, canceling memberships, and changing member information).
• Actively advocates and participates in membership recruitment & retention efforts. Including proper data management of all records Educate and guide potential members on the value of a membership as it relates to their specific needs, cross-promote and up-promote, then ask them to “join” our cause.
• Responsible for the oversight of the financial assistance program process.
• Assist with the development and implementation of community engagement awareness and activities internally and externally.
• Communicates to all Welcome Center Staff any relevant information regarding programs and services.
• Work across department lines to create a collaborative approach to increasing membership growth, retention and messaging in addition to coordinating on financial transactions and member follow up.
• Responsible for welcome center supply inventory and ensure that supplies are ordered in a timely manner.
We require all applicants to submit an application, which can be found on our website: https://www.hrymca.org/work-at-the-y/
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter. Please email your application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail/in person,
Attn: R. John Reidy