Center for Responsive Schools, Inc.
85 Avenue A
P.O. Box 718
TURNERS FALLS, MA 01376
Center for Responsive Schools, Inc. is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to the improvement of elementary and middle school teaching and learning. Their approach to teaching, called the Responsive Classroom® approach, emphasizes social, emotional, and academic growth in a strong and safe school environment. The Responsive Classroom® approach promotes optimal learning by helping
children to develop high-level academic and social-emotional competencies and knowledge.
|Salary Range:||Location:||TURNERS FALLS, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Sales/Marketing|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
The Educational Partnership Consultant is responsible for selling Fly Five social and emotional learning curriculum products and services to new and existing customers by initiating contacts and new business opportunities with potential schools and districts interested in social-emotional learning programs. This position assumes responsibility for developing qualified leads from marketing campaigns, conferences, webinars, databases, market research and other sources through calls and emails to contribute to new client engagement in their assigned territory. They will cultivate potential relationships by identifying the needs and timing around social emotional learning interest, providing information on the Fly Five program and closing sales according to the agreed upon quarterly and annual targets. The EPC will give face-to-face and virtual presentations and webinars on our programs, answer in-depth questions, and provide preliminary pricing and quotes. The EPC works under the direction of the Director of Educational Partnerships and in close collaboration with the Director of Consultative Services and Training to develop new prospecting strategies and marketing campaigns to help further business initiatives in targeted markets and program areas.
THIS IS AN ONSITE POSITION LOCATED IN THE TURNERS FALLS, MASSACHUSETTS OFFICE.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Lead Generation and Prospecting
• Develop an effective pipeline of leads, prospects and potential customers and track relevant information in Salesforce
• Qualify new leads and prospects by providing supporting program information, pricing, and presentations to potential customers in schools, districts, and agencies regarding effective practices with CRS programs and services
• Provide input and analysis on target areas for lead prospecting using CRM data, reports around past purchases, market trends, legislation and funding opportunities
Territory Sales and Account Development
• Works closely with Director of Educational Partnerships to achieve or exceed quarterly and annual revenue goals.
• Support opportunities to increase market share by delivering customized trainings, webinars and presentations on Fly Five and when appropriate cross-promotion and selling of other CRS products and services.
• Communicate information and prepare quotes as needed to provide support to existing clients regarding Fly Five products and services.
• Renews and expands CRS business and relationships with current customers and develops new business for programs and services.
Program and Market Knowledge
• Develop and display demonstrated knowledge of CRS’ products, market trends, and competitive landscape
• Maintains knowledge of CRS’ products, market trends, competitive landscape and other factors influencing the market.
• Develops and maintains deep and positive relationships with school and district leaders, maintains knowledge of their initiatives, implementation practices and barriers.
• Represent Fly Five at conferences and events to support market presence, develop prospect and lead opportunities, and enhance the awareness of CRS’ programs and services.
• Attends and participates in national and regional conferences and events to support market presence, develop prospect and lead opportunities, and enhance the awareness of Fly Five and all CRS’ programs and services as required.
• Support customers in changes in products, including, but not limited to digital product purchases, license renewals and implementation strategies.
Maintain Expectations for Consultative Sales
• Successfully complete the requirements for annual and on-going consultative sales training.
• Respond positively to coaching and support.
• Maintain and demonstrate accurate product knowledge and use of sales tools and resources.
• Demonstrate ability to pitch solutions and to close.
• Contribute to improvement opportunities
• This is a full-time position that may require evening work
• Frequent travel by ground or air, sometimes extensively
• Must have access to reliable transportation
• Teleworking position; must reside in territory and must adhere to CRS’ teleworking guidelines
|• Four-year degree in education, marketing or similar field of study; previous experience as an educator or in educational leadership preferred.|
• Able to learn and effectively use database and customer relations management (CRM) software, such as Salesforce, Hubspot, NetSuite and Google Suite and common software applications and web services such as Microsoft Office.
• Preference given to prior experience in a consultative sales and customer relations in K-12 education.
• Highly accountable for meeting performance expectations; goal oriented and flexible
• Diplomatic and skillful communicator (writing, emails, telephone)
• Empathetic listener and able to communicate with professionalism to a wide range of people and in varying positions of authority and under a range of circumstances.
• Respects and values diversity; represents CRS positively and professionally in interactions with clients, vendors, and the community at large in both real and virtual interactions.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Disposition is consistently professional, cooperative, and collegial as evidenced by workplace maturity, composure, perspective, transparency, reliability, integrity, and trustworthiness.
• Caring for and commitment to the mission, vision, and direction of CRS.