Yiddish Book Center
1021 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002
The Yiddish Book Center is a nonprofit organization working to rescue Yiddish books, and to recover, celebrate, and regenerate Yiddish and modern Jewish literature and culture. Since our founding in 1980, we have launched a wide range of bibliographic, educational and cultural programs to share these treasures with the modern world.
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||AMHERST, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Public Relations|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Up to One Year
|COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE |
The Yiddish Book Center is currently seeking a Communications Associate to manage and support areas of social media, website and project coordination. This position reports to the director of communications and marketing. The Center offers meaningful and challenging positions, a warm, friendly atmosphere, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. This is a full-time, on-site position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage, generate and publish content on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
• Draft and publish content for the Center’s website
• Draft content for digital feature stories
• Serve as project coordinator for communication initiatives across departments
• Manage project timelines and deadlines
• Liaise with vendors including designers and printers
• Maintain journalist lists
• Assist with drafting of press releases
• Participate in monitoring local and national media
• Oversee event announcements and calendar listings
• Create and maintain photo banks
• Assist with advertising strategies and implementation
Provide additional administrative support as needed for above sections
• Exceptional writing and proofing skills
• Experience managing organization-wide social media and website
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
• Knowledge of Photoshop, iMovie
• Familiarity with Jewish and/or Yiddish culture
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and three references in a single PDF document to email@example.com. Please also include links to relevant writing samples. Only candidates being considered will be contacted.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The position requires working at desk and using a computer for prolonged periods of time.
The Yiddish Book Center is an equal opportunity employer.