21 Olander Drive
Northampton, MA 01060
ServiceNet employs more than 1,500 people in our diverse network of mental health and human service programs throughout western Massachusetts and Worcester County – from professional therapists who offer a wide range of evidence-based therapies in our behavioral health centers, to direct care staff in our group homes and enrichment centers, to the vocational specialists at our working farm in Hatfield.
And we have a variety of interesting, challenging positions available. We hope you will apply!
|Salary Range:||Location:||$15+ Per Hour||AMHERST, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Social Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Up to One Year
Preference: Nice to have
Driver's License - Preference: Required|
|Senior Residential Counselor |
In our Program in Amherst – for people with Brain Injuries
If you enjoy bringing out the best in people, and are up for a challenge and the rewards that come with it, consider joining ServiceNet’s extraordinary residential team.
A passion for working with people who are living with a disability. Direct experience is great, though we can help you learn what you need to know so long as you have commitment to the work.
• The senior counselor also assists the House Manager with various responsibilities as assigned. Some examples include: providing leadership during assigned shifts, assisting with scheduling, assisting with MAP oversight, etc.
• assists residents with personal care (bathing, dressing, and eating)
• help prepare meals, clean, do laundry, and help keep the home pleasant and comfortable
• engage participants in meaningful activity in the house and in the community;
• write daily shift notes and other communications.
We provide the same level of care in our homes that we’d want for anyone we love.
You’re someone who has:
• a high school diploma or GED (college would be an added plus);
• CPR, MAP, and First Aid certifications
• basic computer skills;
• a driver’s license and acceptable driving record, since you’ll be driving residents to various appointments and events;
• above all, the kind of positive energy, patience, and compassion needed to motivate others;
• background check (CORI).
Vacancy 1 (809)
Total= 40 hours
WHAT WE OFFER:
We provide a paid orientation, and training to obtain certification in First Aid, CPR, the Medication Administration Program (MAP), and Applied Non-Violence.
We believe in a healthy balance between work and the rest of your life. So, in addition to our competitive $15.53 salary and a $.75 wage differential will be paid for MAP certification.
We also offer:
• a generous time-off package;
• comprehensive, health and dental insurance plans;
• a 403(B) retirement plan, with employer matching;
• Long-term disability benefits; paid life insurance; tuition assistance; and several more benefit options.
Please email your resume and cover letter, and schedule you are interested in, noting Search #830 in the subject line to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
ServiceNet is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be a tobacco-free employer.