Highland Valley Elder Services, Inc.
320 Riverside Drive,
Florence, MA 01062
Highland Valley serves people throughout our communities with compassion. We honor diverse experience and identities as we strive to provide the best possible service according to individual needs.
|Salary Range:||Location:||Per Hour||FLORENCE, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Up to One Year
Preference: Nice to have
|Highland Valley Elder Services, Inc. is currently hiring for a Care Advisor to increase living options for elders by developing, implementing and monitoring a service plan, using a comprehensive assessment procedure, which will best assist an elder to maintain the living arrangement of his/her choice. Remote work up to 75% (including home visits) available after six months, based on performance.|
Authority: The Care Advisor reports to and is supervised by the Home Care Program Director and the Home Care Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Link and coordinate resources with elders.
• Make comprehensive assessments through field interview and observation. Conduct monitoring visits at regular intervals and as needed.
• From this assessment, develop and implement a service plan, make referrals to appropriate agencies and follow up on these referrals.
• Act as an advocate to/with the elder when necessary.
• Maintain the case file by completing all mandated paperwork in a timely fashion according to required documentation standards.
• Provide Information and Referral services.
• Participate in Highland Valley's development of comprehensive community programming efforts.
• Participate in training and development activities to increase knowledge/skills for continuous strong performance in this position.
• Participate in required quality performance initiatives within program area.
• Other tasks as assigned by supervisor to meet agency needs.
Starting pay is $19 per hour.
We offer robust benefits, 3 weeks vacation, 6 personal days, monthly employee activities!
• Bachelor's degree preferred, social work or related field preferred
• Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation
• Prior experience with assessments or patient intake
• Prior sales experience a plus but not required
• Ability to operate independently and use discretion
• Strong work ethic and commitment to success
• Caring attitude and compassion