311 Wells St
Greenfield, MA 01301
Real Pickles is a small worker-owned cooperative business producing raw, naturally fermented pickled foods from local, organic vegetables.
We are committed to promoting human and ecological health by providing people with delicious, nourishing food and by working toward a regional, organic food system.
We aim to produce the highest quality, traditional pickled foods available, using natural fermentation. We buy our vegetables only from Northeast family farms and sell our products only within the Northeast. Our ingredients are 100% organic.
|Salary Range:||Location:||24-27 Per Hour||GREENFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Manufacturing/Production|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|We are seeking a highly-qualified individual to be our next Production Manager. The person in this role oversees all production operations, supervises our team of production staff, and works with other managers (led by the General Manager) to guide daily operations for our co-op. The position is primarily on-site at our facility, with some flexibility for limited remote work. 36-40 hours per week. Reports to General Manager.|
The Production Manager is responsible for ensuring:
• Successful implementation of our annual production plan to procure, process, and ferment 400,000+ pounds of Northeast-grown organic vegetables, and to package them as finished products ready for sale;
• All Real Pickles products are high quality, safe, and delicious;
• Real Pickles’ workplace is safe, respectful, equitable, and inclusive for all production staff;
• Production operations are effcient and timely to meet the co-op’s financial goals;
• Real Pickles’ social mission is advanced through its production operations; and
• All production staff receive effective supervision and coaching.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with the team of coordinators and kitchen supervisors to plan and guide daily operations;
• Supervise and provide ongoing support to coordinators and kitchen supervisors, and train and mentor the latter in managing the team of production assistants;
• Oversee training and coaching of the production staff to ensure product quality and safety, worker safety, and a respectful, equitable, and inclusive work environment;
• Work with the Vegetable Coordinator to ensure successful procurement of all necessary ingredients, strong relationships with our regional farm suppliers, and compliance with organic certification requirements;
• Oversee compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements;
• Develop and implement improvements to our fermentation practices and production systems;
• Collaborate with the sales & marketing team on new product development;
• Join in occasional kitchen work as needed;
• Participate in management team decision-making to guide our co-op’s daily operations.
• 3+ years of experience managing a complex operational department with a sizable staff.
• Significant experience with commercial food production, including 2+ years in a management role.
• Excellent leadership and creative problem-solving skills.
• A skilled and compassionate supervisor, coach, and mentor.
• Actively committed to anti-racism work and an equitable and inclusive workplace.
• Experience with shared leadership and collaborative decision-making approaches.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong computer, math, and science skills.
• Committed to social mission-driven business.
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Experience with equipment preferred.
• Servsafe and PCQI certifications preferred.
• $24 to $27 per hour, depending on experience.
• Paid time off benefit.
• SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with 3% company match.
• Employer-sponsored health insurance plan available.
• Eligibility after one year to become a worker-owner in our co-op.
For full job description and application information, please visit: https://realpickles.com/2022/01/were-hiring/